This position is for an upcoming education project in Bangladesh, which seeks to improve the quality of and access to education in select areas of Bangladesh, equitably and sustainably.
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the upcoming education activity and serves as the primary liaison with USAID/Bangladesh on management and technical matters. S/he will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the activity and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, especially DFID, and other implementing partners. The COP position requires political savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous Government of Bangladesh institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
Reporting & Supervision:
Based in Bangladesh, this position, reports to the Project Director at Creative HQ in Washington, DC.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with Bangladeshi civil society organizations on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Serve as principal liaison with U.S. Government representatives and Bangladesh government counterparts;
- Provide technical direction and leadership and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Provide technical support to the team in all program areas;
- Develop and implement work plans for project activities;
- Oversee implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that project results are met;
- Supervise development and submission of project deliverables and provide timely and accurate reporting and briefings to U.S. Government/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and collection and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data;
- Ensure compliance with all terms of the project agreement and all relevant USAID and U.S. Government rules and regulations;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manage the program team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Master’s degree in education or a directly relevant field from an accredited university; a Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred;
- At least 15 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope to this activity (at least 10 of these years must be in a management/leadership position);
- At least 10 years of experience in the education sector;
- Experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national-level quality improvement;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development and professional development; and
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Regional experience and demonstrated capacity to implement programs in early grade reading and education in conflict-affected, alternative and rural settings; and
- Proficiency in Bengali.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.