Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
Nathan seeks a qualified Chief of Party for this anticipated USAID-funded project based in Cairo, Egypt. The project will support the Government of Egypt to strengthen Government of Egypt (GOE) economic governance management; advance GOE efforts to eliminate corruption; and assist the GOE to adopt more efficient and inclusive public service delivery methods, thereby improving the effectiveness and accountability of public institutions. The project will contribute to a larger GOE effort to encourage private investment in the Egyptian economy.
The Chief of Party is responsible for overall implementation, results and management of the activity. S/he also serves as the activities point of contract with the home office and client, USAID. S/he is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive working relationships with stakeholders spanning in the public and private sector in Egypt and with other development partners and USAID implementers.
- Provides strategic direction, technical and management leadership to produce project results
- Oversee successful implementation of all three Objectives: Economic Governance Reform Strengthening; Anti-Corruption & Public Administration Capacity Improved and; New Service Delivery Models Developed and Implemented
- Work closely with GOE senior officials on issues related to economic governance subject matters
- Produce annual and activity work plans as set forth in the project design, contract and deliverables schedule
- Manage, lead and oversee all staff, consultants and subcontractors in achieving project results
- Ensure USAID and Nathan policies and procedures for all financial and administrative matters are followed, implemented and properly documented
- Oversee the development, production, and submission of all project deliverables
- Oversee the MEL Specialist to ensure the development and implementation of an effective Monitoring and Evaluating Plan
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all program areas
- Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required
- Coordinate program activities with other donors
- Liaise with Nathan home office on program technical progress and overall management as needed
- PhD in public administration or economics is preferred
- Master’s Degree in law, business, international development or another relevant field is required
- At least 15 years of experience related to economic reform or governance programs in challenging settings is required
- Prior significant Chief of Party experience leading and managing complex governance-related projects
- A minimum of 10 years of experience must involve leading complex donor-funded technical assistance initiatives, including maintaining productive relationships with host country counterparts at senior and staff levels who are directly involved in implementing reforms.
- Experience with anti-corruption programming
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and writing skills are required;
- Middle East experience preferred
- Prior Egypt or regional experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with government agencies, civil society counterparts, and international donor agencies
- Arabic language skills preferred
Please note: Applicants for this position should not be a jack-of-all trades generalist COP as the role will require the COP bring credibility to dealings with GOE senior officials related to economic governance subject matters.
About the OrganizationNathan Associates Inc. is an employee-owned economic consulting firm. Established in 1946, the firm claims more than six decades of experience, a full-time staff of over 100 professionals, and a record of successful assignments the world over. Our mission is to provide high-quality, innovative consulting services to help private and public sector decision-makers solve the practical economic, financial, and management issues of today and tomorrow.
Nathan Associates has worked in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Europe. USAID and multilateral lending institutions such as the World Bank fund most of our international work, but individual private firms and foreign governments also request our assistance.
Internationally, our clients are public and private sector decision-makers responsible for setting policy and for overseeing performance of entire economies, sectors, business enterprises, or government agencies. We provide these policymakers and managers with economic, financial, and management analysis and assistance in strategy and program planning, institutional development, privatization of state-owned enterprises, and program and project implementation.
In our 63 years of consulting, we have worked extensively both at the macroeconomic level and in a broad range of economic sectors: transportation and other infrastructure, industry and commerce, financial services, natural resources, and agriculture and environment.
Despite the geographic and economic diversity of our assignments, two themes remain constant throughout Nathan Associates' work. First, in all our projects, we strive for collegial collaboration between our consulting teams and the management and staff of our client institutions, creating a shared sense of purpose and direction. Second, whenever appropriate, we emphasize technology transfer and human resource development for our client personnel, whether through formal workshops, seminars, and short courses, or on-the-job training.
Competition, innovation, and reward are the economic forces of life. The solutions we provide clients are powered by an understanding of these forces.
For more information about Nathan Associates, see our website: http://www.nathaninc.com.