Position summary & job purpose:
Tetra Tech ES, Inc based out of Arlington, VA is searching for a Chief of Party (COP) for a new project based out of Kosovo. The COP serves as the overall project manager and team leader. As the key liaison, the COP will be involved in all activities and tasks of the project. The selected candidate must be willing to relocate to Kosovo for the duration of the project.
This position is contingent on project award.
· Work closely with the client for the strategic vision and overall leadership of the project team and the team’s performance and achievement of all key objectives of the project.
· Ensure that USAID/Kosovo is fully knowledgeable and engaged with the Government of Kosovo on all aspects of its energy, economic research, and reform agenda.
· Responsible for ensuring the successful management, initiation, and completion of complex energy studies of significant importance to the government of Kosovo.
· Provides technical advice on energy issues, economic research analyses, and economic policy recommendations for project activities, including sector specific issues.
· Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables
· Collaboratewith the field-based operations team and home office staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for client approvals, and reporting and budgeting
· Coordinate with the home office and the field-based operations team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors
· Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns
· Act as a liaison to the headquarters office in Arlington, VA for day-to-day problem solving
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· 15+ years’ experience on energy sector reform and investment issues related to energy
· 10+ years’ experience managing international projects
· Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field
· Demonstrated familiarity with EU Energy Acquis, and Energy Community Treaty requirements
· At least 5 years’ experience as a Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party for large and complex energy-related policy reform, and/or local government projects
Valued but not required skills:
Prior experience working in SE Europe desirable, but not mandatory
Prior experience with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring desirable.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.