Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party to support the anticipated USAID Youth Jobs and Skills for Niger: Youth Connect activity. Youth Connect one of the activities supporting USAID’s Bridge Project, devoted to addressing the development challenges at the nexus of countering violent extremism and resilience. The purpose of the activity is to equip vulnerable young women and men in Niger with technical and life skills, networks, and capital for increased strategic economic opportunities.
The COP will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction and vision, oversight, quality and compliance, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. The COP will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires senior-level program management experience with USAID or other donors.
- Advanced degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, Political Science, Governance and Civil Society and/or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development; Minimum of three years working on youth livelihood, workforce development, and/or economic growth projects in senior role;
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity and motivational skills;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated program management and organizational skills in managing, implementing, and monitoring effective program budgets, finances, and personnel of projects of a similar scale and scope;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with the social, political, economic and cultural context of Niger or similar country, especially in high conflict areas;
- Demonstrated knowledge of labor market systems and private sector engagement;
- Demonstrated experience working with and building the capacity of marginalized groups, to include women and youth;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior government representatives at the local, municipal, and national level, local and national civil society actors, donors, USAID representatives, other implementing agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French required;
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.