We are currently seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID/Ukraine Youth Unity Activity. The Chief of Party will be based in Kyiv.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall management, coordination, oversight and ensure that activities and sub-partners are coordinated and achieve intended results. This individual will be the key liaison with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP position requires political savviness, as s/he will interact with numerous institutions and senior-level national and subnational level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 7 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in civil society strengthening, positive youth development, media strengthening, or other relevant field;
- Experience in managing multi-country programs preferred;
- Experience in Eastern Europe required, experience in Ukraine preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Fluency in English required; Russian preferred
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.