We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party, Civil Society Program in Georgia.
FHI 360 seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year USAID civil society strengthening program in Georgia.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the primary point of contact with USAID/Georgia with regards to day‐to‐day activity implementation and management matters relating to the project. The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced degree preferred) in international development, political science, business, or a related field;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience leading civil society strengthening and/or capacity development projects, with preference given to experience in Georgia;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Experience strengthening civil society networks, developing civil society capacity, and landscape analysis;
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams and ensuring the quality of their products;
- Experience managing subgrants in Eastern European context;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Georgia and/or South Caucuses preferred;
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams while developing a common vision;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and working knowledge of Georgian preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.