lntraHealth International, Inc is a US based NGO with offices in over 30 African countries including South Sudan. IntraHealth is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming five-year USAID tender: The South Sudan Advancing HIV & AIDS Epidemic Control (AHEC) Project. The goal of AHEC is to operationalize pathways to epidemic control – UNAIDS established, countries endorsed, and PEPFAR supported, global 90/90/90 targets for 2020 with 95/95/95 targets for 2030 through specific program actions to diagnose persons infected with HIV provide life-saving ARV therapy for PLHIV, and support retention and adherence to ensure HIV viral suppression to reduce AIDS-related deaths.
The COP will provide overall leadership, strategic vision and direction, program and financial management, personnel management, target and performance monitoring, and overall reporting functions for the project. This position will lead and provide guidance to a team of technical experts to ensure the technical and methodological soundness of activities and, in collaboration with the project team and donor, support the design of target-driven HIV service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. The COP will also ensure that the project maximizes utilization of cross-cutting approaches, such as equity, quality and a gender-sensitive approach. The COP will have ultimate accountability for project expenditures and results and work closely with partners and the donor as the most senior level person representing the project. The position will be based in Juba, with occasional travel to program sites in the field.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Qualified South Sudanese nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide strategic technical, managerial and fiscal leadership and oversight, assuring that the project is in compliance with IntraHealth and USAID policies and procedures;
- Ensure the achievement of PEFPAR targets and other high-quality results by IntraHealth, its sub-contractors and sub grantees and that all deliverables meet quality standards and are met on time and within budget;
- Supervise key personnel and ensure timely implementation of activities and adherence to finance and operations procedures;
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track and analyze data/results related to HIV prevention, care and treatment, and use data systematically to improve programming;
- Provide overall strategic leadership to the development of the project strategic plan, work plan, and program monitoring, in close collaboration with MOH, USAID and other stakeholders;
- Oversee timely implementation of all program inputs related to HIV prevention, care and treatment, including planning and implementing assessments, site strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, demand creation, policy support, capacity-building and M&E across program sites, in close coordination and collaboration with USAID, and relevant agencies of MOH;
- Serve as primary in-country project liaison with donor and lead on responses to all USAID required reporting including regularly presenting detailed data and analysis for the project, writing report narratives, and documenting and sharing successes and challenges;
- Demonstrate agility and responsiveness and ensure that the team pivots quickly based on data and performance indicators and trends; and
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments to the home office and USAID.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, health policy, international health or development studies
- At least 7 years’ experience as Chief of Party or Project Director providing high level leadership to projects of at least $3 million per year value;
- In depth experience overseeing PEPFAR programming, with a mix of practical technical skills in HIV prevention, care and treatment necessary for service delivery at the national, clinical and community-level;
- Skill in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs, training and capacity building, performance and quality improvement, data analysis, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated representational capacity and ability to liaise with senior MOH officials and dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and senior members of the donor community;
- Demonstrated understanding of South Sudan’s healthcare system, and particularly the public health system and the national AIDS response;
- Experience with USAID and PEPFAR administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, including contract management experience;
- A track record of measurable success, managing high-paced, large, and challenging programs;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of multidisciplinary technical, programmatic and operational teams and fostering team work;
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop capacity at individual and organizational levels;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English; and
- Ability to live and work in a challenging physical environment.
- A degree in Medicine or a Doctoral Degree in a related field.
- Experience working on programs that build the capacity of local organizations to be ready to receive direct donor funding to implement HIV/AIDS and other health projects; and
- Experience living and working in South Sudan or similar context is strongly preferred.
Salary: Salary for the position will be negotiated according to qualifications and relevant experience.
South Sudanese Nationals are particularly encouraged to APPLY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1