PYXERA Global is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead the anticipated USAID Innovation Based Economy Program in Belarus.
The COP will have 10 years of demonstrated technical expertise in economic growth and development, proven experience collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders to ensure sustainability and alignment with strategic objectives, and agile leadership in navigating complex and dynamic sociopolitical environments through all stages of the project pipeline—from designing a sustainable, multi-sectoral strategy to managing implementation to monitoring and evaluating outcomes for quality and compliance. The position will provide overall leadership management and general technical direction for the program, ensuring a coherent vision is developed and innovative strategies are implemented across program activities.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Direct project strategy, administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure quality, alignment with budget allocations, compliance with USAID standards and stakeholder expectations (including key risk identification, risk mitigation, and compliance with transparency and due diligence requirements), and sustainability;
· Manage local and remote teams of long- and short-term expert and support staff;
· Represent PYXERA Global by engaging and maintaining positive relationships with USAID officials; government authorities; country office staff; and academic, business, and community partners to achieve project goals and objectives;
· Lead technical assistance efforts;
· Oversee the timely development and implementation of high-quality strategic plans, quarterly and annual operating plans detailing project work streams and performance milestones, and all other technical and financial deliverables and reports in line with USAID guidelines and stakeholder requirements;
· Collaboratively develop monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, project management tools, and efficient systems to ensure effective implementation and regular communication of project results;
· All other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Development, or a related field;
· Minimum of 10 years of experience designing, leading, and implementing complex international development projects;
· 5 years of prior successful experience managing—in a Chief of Party, Project Director, or similar position—USAID or other donor-supported development projects;
· In-depth knowledge of USAID policies and processes;
· Technical expertise in enterprise and economic development programming;
· Proven track record of successfully managing medium-to-large technical and administrative teams across wide geographic areas;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively within teams;
· Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and sustainability that encourages a work culture of mutual respect;
· Oral and written fluency in English.
· Advanced degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Development, or a related field;
· Experience working within Belarus or Eastern Europe;
· Professional proficiency in Russian.
PYXERA Global offers a competitive compensation package, including excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, and flexible professional development opportunities.
Please email a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3, 2020. In the subject line of your email, please write “Chief of Party, Innovation Based Economy in Belarus.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.