At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP (formerly Louis Berger) is currently initiating a search for Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Cities for Enhanced Governance and Engagement (CHANGE) project in the Philippines. CHANGE will focus on strengthening transparent, accountable and responsive local governance in cities across the Philippines through 1) strengthening the enabling environment for decentralization; 2) enhancing service delivery capacity, legitimacy, transparency and accountability of participating local governments; and 3) empowering citizens by increasing their participation in and oversight of local governance processes. The COP will be based in Manila, Philippines with frequent in-country trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination with USAID/Philippines, USAID implementing partners and other key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensure the provision of timely, relevant, high quality work from both long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants.
- Serve as principal liaison with Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer Representatives (COR and ACOR), GoP counterparts, USAID implementing partners, and other donors.
- Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the project meets/exceeds expected results. Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, and partner institutions.
- Oversee the drafting and completion of required project reports and deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans and technical reports, ensuring their quality and timely submission.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- An advanced degree in social sciences, international development, political science, public administration, business administration, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- At least 5 years’ developing country work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with national and sub-national governments and entities in developing contexts, and in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
- Experience in delivering all or some of the substantive activities anticipated to be the focus of the project SOW such as: governance, service delivery, citizen participation, accountability, and transparency.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of donor-supported programs of comparable size and complexity, with skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Prior service as a USAID Chief of Party and with projects of comparable scale and complexity strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in Asia preferred and experience in the Philippines strongly preferred.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
About the Organization
WSP is an internationally recognized consulting firm that provides engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We are a devoted and trusted partner to federal, state, and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry. To this diverse client base we bring strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit, developing innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging problems. Integrated Development (ID), a division within WSP, offers a multi-disciplinary approach to international development.