The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with USAID COR. S/he will be responsible for establishing an office in Cairo, Egypt, recruiting Core Staff, and managing a network of qualified professionals to serve as short term technical advisors. The Chief of Party will provide strategic vision for managing the Activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director based in Washington, DC.
- Lead strategic planning and implementation for the project; oversee all technical and operational managerial decisions related to project delivery including monitoring and evaluation systems, technical assistance and technical reports;
- Serve as technical expert and provide oversight on workforce development training, labor market reforms, and transforming the TVET system including collaboration with business and industry in support of labor market needs;
- Provide technical guidance in relevant program areas such as higher quality and technically relevant market-driven training, private sector engagement, and policy and operating labor environment, as needed;
- Lead the establishment of partnership businesses and MOETE at Central, governorate and school levels;
- Lead, recruit and supervise long and short-term local, U.S., and TCN operations and technical staff;
- Manage quality oversight of all services and products provided by the program; and
- Ensure close collaboration with USAID, Government of Egypt counterparts, local associations, technical vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, and the private sector.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development, Business, Economics, or a related field, required;
- Minimum 8 years of experience required in workforce training, private sector engagement or labor;
- Minimum 15 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and managing an office with a diverse staff;
- Demonstrated experience in building organizational capacity, designing and conducting training.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required; and
- An established relationship or previous collaboration experience with Government of Egypt, donors, and private sector, preferred.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.