Job Title: Senior Monitoring Specialist
Department/Location: Bogota, Colombia
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime
IBTCI is seeking a Monitoring Specialist for an upcoming USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), formerly OFDA/FFP, third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Bogota, Colombia for a regional project monitoring humanitarian assistance. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in the region.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership, management and general direction for the entire program, focusing on achieving the results defined in the task order.
- Oversee the completion of all deliverables required under this project as well as overall compliance with the task order.
- Provide overall management of the project team, including technical guidance, administrative coordination, operations oversight, and client relations.
- Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the project, including overseeing quality control and responsiveness of all work provided under the contract, whether by key personnel, field supervisors, field monitors, long- or short-term advisors or others.
- Serve concurrently as the technical director for all technical monitoring, evaluation, services.
- Lead the development of the Annual Work Plan.
- Lead quality control/quality assurance for all products/deliverables for the client.
- Lead the development and coordination of external trainings, presentations and workshops.
- Lead the development and management of an online data platform for the client.
- Serve as the primary liaison with client personnel based in the US Embassy in Colombia.
- Serve as a contributing writer for all deliverables as needed.
Contract management/compliance responsibilities
- Ensure overall contract compliance and manage contractual and compliance issues.
- Directly supervise the DCOP and Finance Manager, and indirectly supervise all IBTCI staff and subcontractor personnel.
- Manage subcontractor and consultant finances, ensuring adherence with USAID and IBTCI policies and procedures.
- Manage the technical issues for the subcontractor responsible for the online data platform.
- Ensure compliance to IBTCI global policies and establish additional standard project implementation and operations procedures and schedules as needed.
- Manage the project field office budget, financial reporting, local procurement and vendor purchase orders.
- Oversee staff and subcontractor security in Colombia and Venezuela.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least ten (10) years of progressive experience in the field of international development or humanitarian assistance, with at least five (5) of those years managing high-performance teams and two (2) years working in conflict zones required.
- Demonstrated experience managing third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or large-scale evaluations required.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, analytic skills and team management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster trust-based relationships with senior staff and with USAID.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish required
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in social sciences, business management, international development, economics, political science, public administration or related field required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Venezuela preferred.
- Proven experience managing sub-contractors is desirable.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID BHA (OFDA/FFP)-funded program is desirable
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25%-35% travel for project implementation and/or project management duties. Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.