Creative seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Technical Assistance Program. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. This will include providing support to the GoJ policy reform and complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders on systems management, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) systems, evidence-based planning and decision-making, Human Resources management systems and financial resource management that are in support of enacting policy reforms in the areas of education and youth development.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner. The COP also serves as the principal liaison with the GoJ and USAID.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the Project Director in Washington, D.C.
- Provide strategic leadership and coordination of program activities;
- Lead project implementation and management of the performance of the project;
- Provide strategic leadership to collaborate and coordinate with other donor- funded activities in Jordan including GoJ and USAID/Jordan;
- Provide technical and administrative oversight to the project and serve as its institutional liaison;
- Monitor the goals and objectives of the project to assure progress towards successful implementation; and
- Coordinate with numerous government institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience working on international development programs, five (5) of which have been spent as a COP, Deputy Chief of Party, or their equivalents;
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity;
- Five (5) years technical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans in results- based management;
- Demonstrable management experience on U.S. government (USG) contracts, including USG policy, procedures, and reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated past representational experience with host governments and other donors and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing project start‐up;
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs;
- Strong leadership, program, organizational management and communication skills with prior experience in managing 10 staff or more;
- Advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) in an education‐related field or experience equivalent;
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is required;
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic language skills are desired; and
- Ability to work in Jordan.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.