IBI is currently looking for a Chief of Party for an upcoming project in Liberia. The expected scope of work for this activity includes working with the Government of Liberia (GOL) on public financial management reforms, strategic communications and improving transparency, private sector engagement support, and work with local institutions and civil society organizations to foster networks of organizations that improve governance, transparency and accountability. This activity seeks to reduce the risk of conflict and violence associated with economic instability and hardships imposed by the COVID crisis. The project will aim to improve citizen engagement in the economic reform process, promote economic resilience and social cohesion, and foster economic recovery by supporting vulnerable populations. The Chief of Party will be responsible for all aspects of project implementation: he/she will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner, and work with various stakeholders, including high level Liberian government and USAID officials.
Employment Location: Monrovia, Liberia
- Plan, organize and supervise the overall activities under the task order
- Coordinate technical support and meetings with Liberian government officials, business leaders, chambers of commerce, and civil society organizations
- Serve as the institutional liaison to USAID and public and private sector stakeholders
- Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation as needed
- Amend project objectives to reflect changing priorities
- Oversee all financial and administrative activities
- Must have university degree in a relevant field of international development (Masters’ degree preferred).
- Fluency in English required.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in international development program management on donor-funded projects. Experience with U.S. Government (USG) assistance or contractor of the USG required.
- Minimum of five years supporting economic reform, open government, and/or civil society strengthening in developing country contexts
- Knowledge of the local context as it relates to the economic stability, governance, and public financial management reforms in Liberia, including experience in Liberia, strongly preferred.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.