IBI is currently looking for a Chief of Party for an upcoming project in Ghana. The expected scope of work for this activity includes working with the Government of Ghana (GOG) on trade facilitation, international trade regulations and other business enabling reforms, work with local businesses to increase private sector investment in agriculture and provide SMEs with technical support and small grants to enable them to access new market opportunities, and support the government with adherence to World Trade Organization (WTO) articles. This activity is expected to facilitate private sector participation and investment which in turn leads to agriculture led economic growth and increase income for agricultural sector participants (particularly women and youth). The Chief of Party (CoP) will be responsible for all aspects of project implementation: he/she will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner, and work with various stakeholders, including high level Ghanaian government and USAID officials.
Employment Location: Accra, Ghana
- Plan, organize and supervise project activities
- Coordinate technical support and meetings with Ghanaian government officials, business leaders, chambers of commerce, and the trade industry
- Serve as the institutional liaison to USAID and public and private sector stakeholders
- Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation as needed
- Amend project objectives to reflect changing priorities
- Oversee all financial and administrative activities
- Must have university degree in a relevant field of international development (Masters’ degree preferred).
- Fluency in English required.
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in international development program management on donor-funded projects. Experience with U.S. Government (USG) assistance or contractor of the USG required.
- Minimum of five years supporting trade and market reforms, business enabling environment, and small and medium enterprises in the agricultural sector in developing country contexts
- Knowledge of the local context as it relates to the investment promotion, trade facilitation and private sector development in Ghana, including experience in Ghana, strongly preferred.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.