Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the upcoming USAID-funded project “Youth Employment for Migration Prevention (YEMP) Activity.” The purpose of the project will be to increase employment of youth at risk of irregular migration by increasing their educational, employment and income generating opportunities. We are looking for someone who has experience and is motivated by working at the Education and TVET “systems” level so as to significantly scale education, technical and vocational pathways to employment. This implies experience with crafting public-private-partnerships, leveraging donor resources, and promoting co-investment so as to reach large numbers of beneficiaries.
*Please note that this position is contingent upon Banyan Global being selected.
- The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for this activity and will serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to this activity.
- He/she will be the liaison with USAID/Honduras on management and technical matters.
- He/she will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the activity and report directly to the designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- The COP position requires political and business savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous private-sector firms and organizations, GOH institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- S/he will have demonstrated strong leadership, management, and technical skills as well as the ability to work in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Education: Requires a master’s degree in Business, Education, development or related field from an accredited university. A PhD, EdD, is preferred.
- Skills and Experience: A minimum of 15 years of experience in Workforce Development, education, and youth development or directly related field.
- Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope to this activity are required (at least 10 years must be in a management/leadership position).
- Proven track record and experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of workforce development, education and systems improvement.
- Familiarity with entrepreneurship programming, particularly working with social entrepreneurs, is desired.
- At least five years of experience in the education or workforce sector in Latin America is highly desirable.
- S/he must be able to conceptualize how private and public sector education, workforce skills development, job placement and job creation interact, and how to manage diverse experts and deliver cohesive implementation—i.e. be able to build synergies and partnerships across the three components of PYE.
- Language: The candidate must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English, and be proficient in written and spoken Spanish.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, www.banyanglobal.com/careers and include a cover letter and resume in your submission. Please no phone calls.
About the OrganizationBanyan Global is a small, women-owned development consulting firm, founded on the principle that integrating expertise and experience from the development community and private sector will achieve a broad and lasting impact. Through market-driven, business approaches, Banyan Global works with the private sector, civil society, and government to improve livelihoods, build markets, and promote efficient resource allocation in developing and transitional economies. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within four practice areas: health sector development, microfinance, enterprise development, and financial sector development. Gender is a cross-cutting area of expertise.
Banyan Global brings together a unique team of professionals with experience in international development and the private sector. Banyan Global provides advisory, policy, and regulatory services; program management; technical assistance and training; and research and evaluation. Banyan Global also provides niche expertise in gender and post-conflict. Banyan Global's clients include leading bilateral and multilateral donor agencies, regional development banks, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, business, and industry. Banyan Global holds a significant portfolio of subcontracts for USAID-funded work and has worked in more than 35 countries, serving clients in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.