WSP (formerly Louis Berger) is currently initiating a search for Chief of Party for upcoming USAID national and local governance programming in Georgia. These projects will focus on technical areas such as public administration, public financial management, accountability, service delivery, and civic participation. The COP will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia with periodic in-country trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead coordination with USAID/Georgia, USAID implementing partners and other key stakeholders on a regular basis
· Provide strategic vision and overall leadership, and ensure the provision of timely, relevant, high quality work from both long-term staff and incoming short-term consultants.
· Serve as principal liaison with Contracting Officer and the Contracting Officer Representatives (COR and ACOR), GoG counterparts, USAID implementing partners, and other donors.
· Ensure component activities are integrated and fully leveraged so the project meets/exceeds expected results. Build synergies among the different activities, and pursue areas of cooperation with key counterparts, other donors, and partner institutions.
· Oversee the drafting and completion of required project reports and deliverables, such as quarterly reports, work plans and technical reports, ensuring their quality and timely submission.
· An advanced degree in social sciences, international development, political science, public administration, business administration, or another relevant field.
· A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in development at a senior program management level, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
· At least 5 years’ developing country work experience.
· Demonstrated experience in working effectively with national and sub-national governments and entities in developing contexts, and in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
· Experience in delivering all or some of the substantive activities anticipated to be the focus of the project SOW such as: governance, public financial management, citizen participation, accountability, and transparency.
· Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of donor-supported programs of comparable size and complexity, with skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership.
· Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English.
· Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
· Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
· Prior service as a USAID Chief of Party and with projects of comparable scale and complexity strongly preferred.
· Developing country work experience in Eastern Europe preferred and experience in Georgia strongly preferred.
This position is contingent upon WSP being selected for a contract or program we are currently pursing.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.