Tetra Tech’s International Development Services, based in Arlington, VA, is recruiting for a Chief of Party (COP) to be mobilized Dhaka, Bangladesh to support the implementation of USAID’s Bangladesh Advancing Development and Growth through Energy (BADGE) program. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The COP will provide overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership and oversight to the project. S/he will be responsible for all project deliverables and reporting. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with Tetra Tech’s home office, USAID, partners, and project counterparts. This job is fixed term for the duration of the project, expected to be five years from the date of contract award.
- Manage, oversee, and work closely with technical leads to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with regional stakeholders, counterparts and donors.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables.
- Supervise the project’s crosscutting personnel who are responsible for training and capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, communications, gender integration, and environmental compliance.
- Manage work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, and reporting and budgeting.
- Manage relationship with USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative for the project on a regular basis as the primary point of contact, participating on meetings, responding to all types of project-related requests, meeting with host government agencies, and engaging with donors.
- Coordinate with the home office team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns.
- Act as a liaison to the home office in Arlington, VA for day-to-day problem-solving.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- At least ten years of progressively responsible work experience in fields related to electric utilities, energy markets, or modern energy systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience providing management and leadership on high profile, complex energy sector projects with multiple activities.
- Supervisory experience specifically with diverse long- and short-term staff based in multiple locations.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with high-level/senior national and local government officials, the private sector, and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, strong administrative and organizational skills, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent leadership skills including strategic thinking, decision-making, oral and written communications, ability to motivate, and collaborate with others to achieve team goals.
- Diplomacy skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Master’s degree in international development, energy planning, natural resource management, law,or related field is a plus.
- Fluency in any South Asian native language, as well as Bengali, is a plus.
Apply online at:http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHvmY9U7
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.