Plan International is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded youth empowerment and civic engagement activity in Bangladesh. The COP will oversee all aspects of this project, leading strategic planning and decision making, providing technical guidance, managing the activities of the sub-award recipients, and supervising staff. Serving as the key liaison with USAID, local governments, implementing partners and other stakeholders, the COP will also establish and maintain an integrated vision among different actors while ensuring adherence to all project objectives, performance requirements, and donor regulations. S/he will oversee coordination of field operations and ensure that activities are meeting USAID and Plan standards. The position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Design and direct program activities in consultation with USAID and key stakeholders;
- Lead a team of technical experts, advisors, local partners, and other project staff;
- Serve as the primary in-country point of contact with USAID, partner organizations, national, governorate and local governments; and
- Ensure efficient and compliant management of financial resources
- A Master’s degree or higher in international development, law, public policy, social sciences, economic development, or related field and eight (8) years of work experience, or work experience of 10 years;
- Previous experience with planning and implementing USAID funded projects, preferably in Bangladesh;
- Substantial experience working on key result areas of the proposed activity, such as youth programming, civic engagement, and/or countering violent extremism;
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender transformative programming and experience in implementing programs with gender-focused components.
- Proven leadership qualities, excellent program and personnel management skills.
- Excellent English oral and written skills required.
About the Organization
Plan International is a global organization that works side by side with communities in 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects, economic empowerment, child protection initiatives and youth civic engagement.