Program Name: USAID’s Strengthening Watershed and Irrigation Management (SWIM)
Position Title: Chief of Party
Position Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Duration: ASAP – December 6, 2021
DT Global seeks a Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Strengthening Watershed and Irrigation Management (SWIM) program in Afghanistan. SWIM improves access to irrigation infrastructure and builds capacity for sustainable improved farming techniques in rural communities in northern Afghanistan. SWIM has just entered its final year of implementation and is building on many successful achievements in 2020. The program is supported by a dedicated team of over 80 employees and an annual budget of nearly $20m. SWIM looks forward to a productive year ahead, including a potential 18-24 month, $10-20m time and cost extension to expand activities into new areas of Afghanistan.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall success of the SWIM program. You will supervise an accomplished team of Afghan and expatriate experts to ensure that SWIM meets its final year objectives, including the completion of 10 rehabilitated irrigation canals. DT Global empowers Chiefs of Party to make decisions on the ground, build strong lines of communication with USAID and program stakeholders, and proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate program risks. The Chief of Party also builds and maintains relationships with our Afghan government stakeholders and represents both the program and DT Global to our wide range of partners in Afghanistan.
The Chief of Party will be based in Kabul at DT Global’s secure residential and office compound.
- We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Chief of Party to lead the SWIM program through its final year. To be considered, you should be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of successfully leading the on-time, on-scope, and on-budget delivery of large and complex U.S. government agency-funded development assistance programs, or significant components of those programs.
- The ability to guide large teams managing complex infrastructure construction subcontracts while effectively monitoring project progress and performance.
- Exemplary success leading, supporting, and motivating large teams to achieve results and perform beyond expectations.
- A history of successfully managing relationships with U.S. government technical representatives, host government officials, other USAID and donor activities, local organizations, subcontractors, and partners.
- Prior experience leading the successful closeout or startup of U.S. government-funded activities, grants, or contracts.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
About DT Global
Built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global is pioneering a new model of development that works in partnership with communities to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people’s lives. We intend to channel the majority of fees received from donor contracts back into our partner non-profit, DT Institute, to support innovative initiatives that test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities. With corporate offices in Washington D.C., Madrid, and Adelaide, the DT Global family represents a globally integrated service delivery platform with best-in-class technical expertise in delivering solutions across a broad range of sectors.
Interested applicants must submit a resume and a letter of interest/cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Your letter should address your interest in the role, your qualifications and your availability to start a new position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.