We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party in Mexico.
FHI 360 seeks a Chief of Party for a USAID civil society strengthening program in Mexico. Through the Resilient Civil Society Activity (RSA), USAID/Mexico will strengthen civil society organizations’ (CSOs) ability to develop and apply evidence-based solutions to priority development challenges. The activity will develop CSOs’ organizational and technical capacity to advance evidence-based solutions and network more effectively with allies and partners, providing opportunities for engagement and collaboration with other stakeholders. RSA is expected to be a crosscutting activity that will support CSOs working on USAID/Mexico’s strategic priorities in crime and violence prevention, justice, human rights, transparency, and sustainable landscapes.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the primary point of contact with USAID/Mexico on day‐to‐day activity implementation and management matters relating to the Cooperative Agreement. The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the award is technically sound and meets local needs and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent – in Law, Social Work, Criminal or Juvenile Justice, Public or Business Administration, Community Development, or a related field; a graduate degree is desirable;
- Must have at least seven (7) years of prior management experience, and ten (10) years of professional experience working on civil society strengthening and/or capacity development projects;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Must have demonstrated experience in strategic planning and working with a range of stakeholders including CSOs, the private sector, and high-level government officials to support a program’s objectives;
- Experience strengthening multi-sector networks and sustainable landscapes;
- Prior experience with international cooperation agencies;
- Experience working in Latin America and/or other parts of the world strengthening CSOs operational capacities and financial sustainability, and proven capacity to coordinate joint efforts with diverse sectors is required;
- Fluent written and verbal communication in Spanish and English required.
About the Organization
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.