The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven development and spur sustainable entrepreneurship and investments. We leverage existing knowledge, new technologies, local peer networks, and innovative business models to support local reforms that are sustained through market forces.
Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 200 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in emerging markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, health, finance, agriculture, governance, economic growth, energy and environment, and water.
Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is seeking a prospective Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID/Colombia Strengthening Together Activity. The activity’s primary purpose is to enhance USAID/Colombia’s local partner organizations’ development impact by improving their operational functions. It will work on increasing organizational capacity, internalizing CLA (collaborating, learning, and adapting approach), and improving messaging and outreach. This Activity will contribute directly to Colombia’s journey to self-reliance as local development actors play a fundamental role in the country’s transition.
- Provide strategic vision for project technical approach,
- Responsible for making implementation decisions, and any required changes at the direction of USAID/Colombia and in close coordination with Kaizen Home Office.
- Providing strategic vision and overall leadership for activity implementation and management, supervises the work of key personnel working on the project.
- Develop and provide tailored technical assistance and trainings to improve local implementing partners’ management systems.
- Advanced degree in political or social science, international development, or a related field.
- At least 10 years professional experience in development managing organizational strengthening activities, and capacity building with local organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with senior government officials, the private sector, civil society, and donor community,
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized donor-supported programs.
- Previous work experience in Latin America and Caribbean, with at least 5 years of in-field project implementation experience.
- Skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership, preferably with experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish
- Strong communication skills, in written and oral English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully convene diverse, multidisciplinary groups.
- Previous experience managing US Government-funded programs of similar scale and scope, including particularly USAID programs.
- Successful experience working in Colombia, highly preferred.
About the Organization
The Kaizen Company (www.thekaizencompany.com) is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.