The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support (MELS) activity will provide USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven, technical services that augment the Mission’s ability to achieve strong performance management of its portfolio through effective monitoring and evaluation. MELS will also serve as a tool to provide the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping capability to inform decision-making; enhance collaborative learning and adaptation across the Mission; and provide general support for Mission planning, third party monitoring, evaluation, reporting, research, assessments, and special studies.
Panagora Group, a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development, provides long- and short-term professional labor to support strategic engagement, advocacy, and knowledge management and communications (KMC) activities through strategic planning, implementation, and capacity building.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID/South Sudan MELS activity. This is a long-term position based in Juba, South Sudan expected to start in late 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership and management oversight of contract, including quality technical implementation and financial management
· Lead and supervise the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
· Ensure the high-quality and timeliness of all deliverables
· Review financial and logistical information for USAID compliance
· Coordinate and collaborate with USAID, implementing partners, host country government officials, and other stakeholders
· Facilitate the use of performance information and evaluation findings to influence decision making and resource allocations
· Ensure compliance of U.S. Government, local government, and Panagora Group rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures
· Master’s degree in international development, evaluation, economics, or other relevant area required
· Familiarity with USAID and international development programming required
· At least 10 years of experience in international development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing, and evaluating multi-million-dollar development projects
· At least seven years’ experience as a senior field manager demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S and foreign government officials (UN agencies, regional institutions, national governments, local organizations, and USAID implementing partners required; host governments and their officials preferred)
· Experience recruiting and successfully managing consultants and ensuring the quality of their products
· Experience in multiple technical areas, such as:
- Indicator development and performance monitoring
- Third-party monitoring
- Qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis methods
- Evaluation and research experience on USAID activities
- Data quality assessments
- Training/capacity building
- Performance management planning
- Geospatial analysis
- Data visualization
- Collaborating, learning, and adapting
- Knowledge management and communications
· Experience managing multicultural and diverse teams
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
Reports to: Technical Supervisor
Level of Effort: This is a full-time position based in Juba, South Sudan.
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.