Chief of Party, USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Afghanistan
MSI, a TetraTech Company, is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity. The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5 year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
MSI is seeking a long-term Chief of Party, with a solid track-record in leading projects related to international development. The candidate will be a development professional with at least 15 years of international development programming and management experience, with the ability to recruit and supervise short-term U.S., third country and local experts and strong experience in monitoring & evaluation, preferably of USAID projects. The Chief of Party will be MSI’s primary representative in the field and must be capable of representing MSI effectively to USAID, the Government of Afghanistan and other stakeholders.
- Provide overall leadership for the implementation of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements including reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets, and ensure timely implementation.
- Oversee internal management of the project including budget, procurement and security serve as principal liaison with USAID, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Minimum 15 years of international experience.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field.
- Substantially technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects.
- Prior experience as Chief of party, or equivalent for USAID projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, resourcefulness, and integrity.
- Knowledge of relevant federal regulations and procedures is preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Experience in Afghanistan or conflict environment strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com