Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative program evaluation, management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations and policies. Our global services are in the areas of democracy and governance, health and education, agriculture, the environment, and economic growth.
USAID is need of additional support in the monitoring of its portfolio of development assistance projects in Afghanistan once military support becomes more limited or non-existent. In anticipation of the upcoming release of this solicitation, SI is looking for a qualified Chief of Party candidate who could run and manage this project on a long-term basis.
- A Master’s degree or higher in international development or related field; preferably with a focus on monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in implementing and managing international development programs, previous chief of party experience highly preferred;
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures;
- Experience in managing complex projects of similar scale, particularly in transitional, post-conflict and/or high threat countries;
- Experience in managing projects with a monitoring & evaluation focus;
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: monitoring & evaluation, economic growth, livelihoods, workforce development, technical and vocational training, civil society strengthening, and/or leadership development;
- Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team, particularly in transitional, post-conflict and/or high threat countries;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and management;
- Prior work experience in Afghanistan or region highly preferred;
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills are required;
- Excellent spoken and written English is required; skills in Dari or Pashto are highly desired.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
We will contact only eligible candidates to further discuss their availability. Please no phone calls. Social Impact is an equal opportunity employer.