• Location: Armenia
• Date Posted: June 30, 2020
• Job Type: Full-time (contingent on funding)
Eurasia Foundation is a US-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF’s work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration and locally-sourced solutions.
EF is seeking an experienced international development professional to serve as the Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Civic Education Program in Armenia. The activity will support youth civic education to boost the role of youth in building a democratic culture and developing an informed citizenry. The activity will support informal and formal civic education initiatives, service learning and volunteering, and community-based civic educations. In addition, it will integrate cross-cutting themes such as diversity, gender equality and inclusion of and accessibility for persons with disabilities.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall technical and management oversight and will ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the program. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the latest developments regarding civic initiatives and youth engagement in Armenia and will have the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, including non-governmental organizations at the local, regional and national level, relevant government institutions and the media, among others.
Employment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Armenian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Provide technical direction and strategic oversight to ensure the integrity and quality of the project delivery
• Lead annual work planning, including strategic engagement with key stakeholders such as leading civil society organizations, relevant government institutions and local partners, to solicit their input into the planning process
• Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and project partners. Maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders
• Supervise responses to donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports and other deliverables as specified in the cooperative agreement
• Deliver high-level presentations as needed to project stakeholders, including USAID, EF senior management and in-country counterparts
• Oversee all project operations and staff as well as financial planning and budgeting processes in collaboration with EF HQ management and technical staff
• Technical expertise in democracy and governance programming with a focus on civic education and youth development
• Minimum ten years of relevant experience managing international development programs in a similar position
• Deep familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures
• Proven track record working collaboratively with local stakeholders, including civil society organizations, government officials and the media
• Demonstrated exceptional abilities in exercising good judgement, creative problem solving and dynamic hands-on management
• Strong knowledge and familiarity of working in Armenia
• Master’s degree in international development, international affairs, political science, public policy or other relevant areas of study
• Fluency in English required; Advanced proficiency in Armenian and/or Russian strongly preferred.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “COP-AM” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.