Counterpart International is currently seeking strong candidates for Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Civic Education Program in Armenia. The activity will support youth civic education to boost the role of youth in building a democratic culture and developing an informed citizenry. The activity will support informal and formal civic education initiatives, service learning and volunteering, and community-based civic education. In addition, it will integrate cross-cutting themes such as diversity, gender equality, and inclusion of and accessibility for persons with disabilities. The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall technical and management oversight and will ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the program. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the latest developments regarding civic initiatives and youth engagement in Armenia and will have the ability to engage with multi-stakeholders, including government institutions, civil society organizations, communities, families, and others. The COP will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. This individual shall act as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts, implementing partners and Government of Armenia officials involved with the Activity. The COP must serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the award.
- Provide technical and strategic oversight to ensure integrity and quality of the project;
- Supervise the overall project operations and staff in collaboration with in-country and HQ management and technical staff;
- Serve as the primary representative for USAID, consortium members, and other donors and implementers to maintain dynamic and collaborative working relationships;
- Lead and manage annual work planning to ensure that the planning process is inclusive and engages multi-stakeholders ;
- Oversee reporting to donors, including quarterly and annual reports and other deliverables as specified in the cooperative agreement;
- Deliver presentations as needed to key project stakeholders and participants such as USAID, HQ staff and senior management team, partners, and other implementers.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on youth engagement and civic education, preferably in Armenia and/or in the South Caucasus region;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, politically sensitive activities;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Prior experience working in official languages in Russian and/or Armenian strongly preferred.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the project.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org