Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Chief of Party (COP) for the on-going USAID energy project in Armenia. This project supports the Government of Armenia to: 1) develop the domestic energy market; 2) diversify supply resources; and 3) improve cooperation for cross-border electricity trade. The COP must have an outstanding record of successfully leading energy programs of similar scale, scope and complexity; technical skills in one or more areas covered by the project; and some work experience in the Caucasus, Balkans or other former-soviet or East European economies. The COP will serve as the overall project manager and team leader for the project. S/he will serve as the main point of contact with Tetra Tech’s home office, USAID, public and private sector partners, and other international organizations working in the energy sector. This is a budgeted, non-accompanied post with a fixed-term appointment ending June 2023.
- Serve as the overall project manager and point of contact with USAID/Armenia.
- Develop overall strategy and project activity design in accordance with the project objectives, and in consultation with public and private sector partners.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of international and Armenian technical, policy and financing experts to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and donors.
- Provide technical advice on energy market reform, policy and regulatory recommendations, renewable energy and private sector investment.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress reports, work-plans and other contractual deliverables.
- Liaise with Armenian government officials, civil society organizations, and other donor organizations supporting energy sector programs.
- Collaborate closely with the Tetra Tech home office staff on contracts, finance, and operations related issues.
- Coordinate between the home office and the field-based team on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors.
- Manage the project budget, including forecast expenditure reports to both USAID and the home office in Arlington, Virginia and updating the project budget to mitigate any cost overruns.
- Act as a liaison to the home office for day-to-day problem-solving.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- 10+ years’ experience working in regulated markets, particularly in energy market design, regulations, supply planning, or cross-border energy trade.
- A master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree can be substituted for an additional ten years of work experience.
- Proven leadership managing multi-million-dollar, multi-year international development projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid working relationships with high-level/senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society.
- A proven record of excellent management, strong administrative and organizational skills, strategic thinking and decision-making, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including being a strong writer and articulate speaker.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Experience managing programs of similar size and complexity in the Caucasus, Balkans, or Central Asia.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of the Caucasus.
- Knowledge of regional energy dynamics.
- Working knowledge of Armenian and/or Russian language(s).
- Experience working for or with USAID, including knowledge of USAID contractual and regulatory requirements.
Apply online at: http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHtWv9Eh
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.