Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) to lead and manage the Backbone Support and Learning Contract. As a coordination, collaboration, and learning platform, the Backbone Support and Learning program will contribute to all aspects of the RISE II results framework. In addition, it will make a central contribution to the RISE II transformative outcome of “Enhanced capacity to learn and adapt among beneficiaries, local partners, and partner governments.” This position is contingent upon contract award. The expected period of performance is an estimated 5 years (duration of the program). This position will be based in West Africa (Niger or Burkina Faso).
- Provide vision and overall leadership to program operations;
- Drive the achievement of program results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, high quality services;
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship between and among Implementing Partners;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day activity implementation and management issues;
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the program;
- Ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the program;
- Ensure the USAID-compliance and integrity of program operations.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills.
- Especially charismatic, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning, particularly with USAID’s resilience programs including Food for Peace, Health, Social and Behavior Change, Natural Resource Management, and Water and Sanitation activities. All activities will be in Niger and Burkina Faso.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development,
- knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams;
- Significant expertise in monitoring and evaluation;
- A minimum of 15 years of such stated experience, preferably a significant amount in international settings in planning, coordinating and driving complicated and demanding monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity development efforts;
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an appropriate inter-disciplinary area such as applied Social Sciences, Organizational Sciences such as Industrial/Applied Psychology, Development, Economics, or Management and Evaluation;
- Required to have oral and written communication and presentations skills in French (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4) and English.
- Past work experience in West Africa (preferably Niger and Burkina Faso)
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.