Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated Bangladesh Advancing Development and Growth through Energy (BADGE) task order under the Energy II IDIQ, funded by USAID. This program will assist the Government of Bangladesh in mobilizing investment in deployment of advanced energy systems, enhancing power system performance, increasing competitiveness that supports U.S. strategic interests in growing private sector engagement in the Indo-Pacific region to create investment opportunities for U.S. companies. The chief of party will provide technical and management oversight of the respective program. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide strategic vision, direction, and leadership for overall in-country activity management, technical oversight, and synergies across program objectives
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day implementation and contract management
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors
- Lead a diverse team of international and local experts to achieve program targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, governments counterparts, and other donors
- Serve as the program’s primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
- Ensure that all assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
- Directly implement the program’s strategic long-term vision
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree in energy policy development, power system, utility management and operation, financing and investment in energy infrastructure, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of senior management experience on highly complex, large-scale international or national projects in energy and power sector reform and development
- Demonstrated strong leadership and human resource management skills to lead a diversified team of local and international experts; work experience as chief of party or in similar leadership position or a demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities preferred
- Experience working in South Asia strongly preferred
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached at BADGErecruit@chemonics.com no later than August 14, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.