Chief of Party, Bangladesh
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Livestock Project in Bangladesh. The project’s primary focus will be to increase livestock productivity, improve access to hygienic, diverse, and quality food as well as improve the nutrition status of rural households in Bangladesh in South central and Southwestern Region of the country. This will be achieved through improved livestock productivity that leads to an increase the availability of livestock products for enhanced household consumption; and improved rural household nutrition through nutrition education, and promotion of dietary diversity. This key position is subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
- Provide oversight of technical assistance to rural households, the Government of Bangladesh, and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate the increase in the availability and utilization of diverse livestock products
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, and management of the project
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the project
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, NGOs, private sector associations, and stakeholders from international assistance projects
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Preparation or supervision of work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Develop and facilitate verbal or written presentations as requested by the AOR
- Master’s degree in animal sciences or related field
- At least 15 years of work experience in managing and implementing livestock or agricultural development projects, with demonstrated management skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the livestock sector and the importance of nutrition in the regional context
- Proven record of achieving project objectives in a context of similar scope and challenges
- A long-term commitment to Bangladesh and international experience is highly preferred
- Fluency in English, written and spoken, required
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55465361D43515B7E59192F77571B6A01627A4B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE. Local applicants are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
For over 50 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 46 projects in 31 countries and revenues of $173 million.