The QED Group is seeking a full-time Chief of Party (COP) to propose to our team and manage the eventual USAID/Bangladesh MELA. The primary objective of the Bangladesh MELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services/assistance, and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh (GOB). By pursuing this, USAID/Bangladesh will gradually become a learning, adaptive organization that is responsive to effective development. This five-year activity will provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support services, further strengthening the implementation of USAID/Bangladesh’s development strategy.
The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and Bangladesh staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists and consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners, USAID teams, and other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Master’s or higher degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design required.
- Must have at least eight years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/Bangladesh and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Demonstrated considerable academic experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage large complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and to provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Position contingent upon contract award
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.