World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As Chief of Party (CoP), you will have overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities and staff for the anticipated Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) & Integrated Youth Project in Bangladesh. You will have principal responsibility for representation for the projects to the donor and local Government entities and will have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work carefully and collaboratively to support the various entities in Bangladesh. You will coordinate the implementation of all aspects of the program to ensure program quality and timely reporting to donors. You will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes. Please note that this position is contingent upon successful grant award and donor approval.
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and a technical field in developing countries.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience (depending on donor requirements) managing large USAID grant-funded projects.
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated programs in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Experience in leading and managing large grants in a complex post-conflict environment.
- Experience as a CoP, Project Director or senior expert advisor required.
- Experience managing subgrants and contracts under grants for complex projects.
- Fluency in English.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 NOV 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.