Chief of Party – Bangladesh, Construction of Cyclone Shelters in Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban
IMC Worldwide is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming USAID program for the construction of new Multi-Purpose Cyclone Shelters (MPCS) in and around the Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban areas of Bangladesh.
The purpose of new MPCS Construction is to help communities in Cox’s Bazaar and Bandarban anticipate and be resilient to climate disasters and simultaneously provide critical education infrastructure. With accessible shelters adapted to local needs and natural hazards, newly constructed MPCS will help mitigate the magnitude of future humanitarian crises and provide safe classrooms that are essential for effective learning. In addition, through local capacity building, communities will be better able to plan for disasters in order to increase resilience and ensure continuity of education.
The project will have three components:
- Construction of new MPCS;
- Construction and or repair of new or existing ancillary infrastructure such as latrines, water stations, electrical connections and access ramps; and
- Capacity building to support disaster resilience and preparedness
Chief of Party Requirements:
- A University Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or other related discipline and membership of a recognised Professional Institution with chartered/registered status;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in team leadership of large, complex development projects on behalf of USAID, including Chief of Party experience;
- At least 15 years of solid and diversified professional international experience in the construction sector;
- Solid international experience in the infrastructure development sector with a focus on vertical structures;
- Proven leadership and team management experience of personnel, contracts, finances and operations;
- Knowledge and working experience of USAID rules and regulations is mandatory;
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a range of stakeholders, including governmental departments, programme partners, including local engineering firms, construction companies, donors, private sector organisations and NGOs;
- Excellent communication skills including good presentation, facilitation and report writing skills;
- Work experience in South Asia. Work experience in Bangladesh is highly desirable but not required;
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The COP will be based in Dhaka, with travel to Cox’s Bazar and Bandarban as needed, for around four years, starting in October/November 2020.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit your CV for consideration to email@example.com with Chief of Party – Bangladesh MPCS in the subject line. Please include details of your current availability and anticipated salary.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job may close sooner if a suitable candidate is identified before the closing date. You are therefore advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please note that only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
About the Organization
IMC Worldwide is currently working in more than 20 countries across Africa; South, South East and Central Asia; Eastern Europe; the Middle East; and the Caribbean, delivering specialist consulting services to central governments, donor organisations and private sector corporations in developing and transitional countries, in particular in relation to development, management and infrastructure. We work across a diverse range of sectors and disciplines bringing over 50 years' experience of working with government agencies, local authorities and with communities themselves to help address some of the most difficult development problems and barriers to poverty reduction. We work with all of the major international development agencies throughout the world including DFID, EU, EIB, EBRD, World Bank and ADB and are looking to expand our client base in the private sector and with Foundations.
Though our background is in the transport sector we provide a full range of professional consulting services including:
- Inclusive Growth.
- Disaster Preparedness and Reconstruction
- Organisational Change
- Economics and private sector development
- Project and Programme Management
- Environment, energy and climate change
- Resource centres and frameworks
- Governance and anti-corruption
- Road safety
- Infrastructure and engineering
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Transport sector policy and planning