IMC Worldwide is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for an upcoming USAID-funded Feed the Future Bangladesh Agricultural Infrastructure Development activity in Bangladesh. While the tender documents are not yet released, the anticipated purpose of the Activity is to upgrade priority infrastructure in targeted rural farming communities by improving horizontal and vertical infrastructure in order to:
- Increase farmer access to markets
- Improve agricultural production
- Improve access to rural markets and input supplies
- Lower transportation costs and crop loss
- Increase trade volume
The Activity will be implemented in 21 districts in Bangladesh.
Chief of Party Requirements:
· A University Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or other related discipline;
· Membership of a recognized Professional Institution with chartered/registered status preferred but not required;
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in team leadership of large, complex development projects on behalf of USAID, including Chief of Party experience;
· At least 15 years of solid and diversified professional international experience in the construction sector, working on roads, vertical structure and other infrastructure projects related to agriculture;
· Proven leadership and team management experience of personnel, contracts, finance and operations;
· Knowledge and working experience of USAID rules and regulations is required;
· Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a range of stakeholders, including governmental departments, program partners, local engineering firms, construction companies, donors, private sector organizations and NGOs;
· Excellent communication skills including good presentation, facilitation and report writing skills;
· Work experience in South Asia required;
· Work experience in Bangladesh is highly desirable but not required; and
· Excellent written and spoken English.
The COP will be based in Dhaka, with travel to the 21 Activity Districts as needed, for around four years, starting in July/August 2021.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please submit your CV for consideration to email@example.com with Chief of Party – Bangladesh BAIDP II in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
About the Organization
IMC Worldwide is currently working in more than 20 countries across Africa; South, South East and Central Asia; Eastern Europe; the Middle East; and the Caribbean, delivering specialist consulting services to central governments, donor organisations and private sector corporations in developing and transitional countries, in particular in relation to development, management and infrastructure. We work across a diverse range of sectors and disciplines bringing over 50 years' experience of working with government agencies, local authorities and with communities themselves to help address some of the most difficult development problems and barriers to poverty reduction. We work with all of the major international development agencies throughout the world including USAID, DFID, EU, EIB, EBRD, World Bank and ADB and are looking to expand our client base in the private sector and with Foundations.
Though our background is in the transport sector we provide a full range of professional consulting services including:
- Inclusive Growth.
- Disaster Preparedness and Reconstruction
- Organisational Change
- Economics and private sector development
- Project and Programme Management
- Environment, energy and climate change
- Resource centres and frameworks
- Governance and anti-corruption
- Road safety
- Infrastructure and engineering
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Transport sector policy and planning