World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
As the Chief of Party you will be accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the anticipated USAID-funded Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity and will be accountable for delivering results. The anticipated goal of this activity is to improve the nutrition outcomes of pregnant and lactating women and children less than five years old in Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity will address the inequitable nutrition outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25-50M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in April 2021 and awarded in September 2021. This position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances are available.
- Master’s or advanced degree in public health or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level management experience on donor-funded programs. Previous experience with management of USAID-funded programs is required.
- Previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience in 2 or more of the following specializations: community health; maternal, neonatal, and child health; nutrition; reproductive health; or social and behaviour change.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of USAID’s multi-sectoral nutrition and community-health system strengthening approaches and gender programming.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required.
- Ability to travel within Bangladesh as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 10 JUNE 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.