The purpose of this activity is to facilitate the transformation of agriculture and food systems in the Zone of Influence by increasing the productivity, inclusiveness and competitiveness of key value chains.
A Chief of Party’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments. This individual shall act as the key liaison between the given USAID Mission/Office and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
The Chief of Party will be required to:
- Design and lead technical understanding of USAID priorities
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Cardno Emerging Markets
- Supervise a team across a wide range of technical disciplines
- Serve as a primary point of contact with host country government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs) and other project stakeholders, as needed
- Liaise with the USAID Mission/Office, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers results on time, in keeping with project deliverables
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments.
- Advanced degree in business management, agricultural economics, international development, or another relevant field
- 10+ years of experience implementing and managing donor-funded projects to improve economic development and growth in transition and developing countries, with some Chief of Party/Team Leader experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a diverse team of employees
- Able to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including private sector, government, local organizations, other donors, and media
- USAID experience preferred
- Experience in the region preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English required.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.