Chief of Party, Business Egypt
DAI seeks Chief of Party (Project Director/Team Leader) candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Business Egypt project. This project will address high unemployment by assisting Egyptian small- and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) to increase productivity, enhance competitiveness, and grow, generating new employment opportunities, particularly for youth and women. The project will (i) support new and growing SMEs by fostering innovation and providing firm-level technical assistance; (ii) build value chain linkages between “anchor” firms and SMEs; and (iii) improve regulations and policies that affect enterprise productivity. Qualified candidates will have a mix of experience that illustrates technical expertise in private-sector-led economic growth, knowledge of the regional context, and experience managing large donor-funded programs, particularly for USAID.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project, S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. Other responsibilities include:
· Serve as principal liaison with USAID, the Egyptian Government, enterprise owners and managers, and community stakeholders.
· Provide technical and intellectual direction and leadership; lead critical technical activities.
· Oversee the planning process; develop strategic plans, work plans for project activities; oversee monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
· Assure the technical quality of all activities and deliverables.
· Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all project areas.
· Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required.
· Coordinate project activities with other donors, national and governorate-level government agencies, international organizations and NGOs.
· Oversee all financial and administrative matters.
· Manage the project so as to achieve its required results by adapting the project to changing economic, political, and social circumstances.
· Minimum Master’s degree strongly preferred, especially if economics, business administration, international trade, investment or finance, international relations or related area or equivalent.
· At least ten years of relevant experience, eight of which will be in developing countries, preferably in Egypt or the MENA region.
· At least five years of managing and coordinating complex development projects, preferably in Egypt or the MENA region.
· Experience managing and implementing USAID enterprise development or economic growth projects.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.