ICF is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID funded Caribbean Energy Initiative with operations throughout the Eastern and Southern Caribbean, Haiti, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. The project will focus on building energy sector resilience across the region, in recognition of the critical role that a steady, reliable energy supply plays in the daily economy of the region and in post-disaster recovery. The COP will be based in Santo Domingo with frequent travel throughout the region and will be responsible for the overall management of project activities.
- Be the primary liaison with the USAID project contracting officer and representatives, responding to client needs and direction.
- Lead and manage the project team – providing the vision, coordination, resource management, and supervision required to accomplish project objectives and to deliver superior quality products and services.
- Ensure quality control and responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., electrical engineering, energy systems, energy economics, international development, public/business administration).
- At least ten years’ relevant technical experience working in developing countries, with a strong preference in the Caribbean region. (e.g., reducing electricity prices, increasing service quality, and enhancing the ability of electricity systems to withstand shocks)
- Management experience should include multi-country project management and successful oversight of project teams with complex delivery objectives.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a highly skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design and implement detailed strategic work plans.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Professional proficiency in both English and Spanish
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf