Job DescriptionProject Overview
DT Global is recruiting for an anticipated USAID project in Colombia entitled Amazon Forests and Biodiversity Activity. The purpose of this activity is (1) improve the effectiveness of environmental crime prevention and prosecution and (2) improve the effectiveness of forest conservation and management. This is an integrated activity designed to contribute to Colombian development by strengthening social cohesion, responsive governance, and environmentally sustainable economic development.
Chief of Party will have overall responsibility and technical oversight for ensuring that all work provided under the contract is technically sound, appropriate, and responsive to the requirements of the contract, and for managing and supervising the work of all project personnel. The COP will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Colombia with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the award. S/he will provide strategic vision and will manage relationships with high level GOC and USG counterparts as well as private sector representatives. The COP must possess the intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision for the program, and must be based in Colombia for the duration of the project:
· A Master’s degree in relevant discipline is required (natural resources management or related science, conservation, environmental policy, or other related fields).
· A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience and expertise to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results working in one or more of the following technical disciplines: environmental crimes investigation, enforcement, and/or prosecution; civic engagement in environmental governance; forest conservation and land management and administration; sustainable economic incentives for conservation; CSO and community participation and private sector engagement.
· At least 5 years of experience managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in Colombia and/or the Latin America Region, preferably as Chief of Party of a USAID-funded project.
· Previous experience in developing collaborative working relationships with counterparts and other Contractors; preferred experience working with GOC and/or international organizations and donors. This also entails: monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress toward meeting project objectives; evaluating sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements; working out solutions to keep activities on track; and providing overall guidance and direction focusing the Activity team on achieving agreed-upon targets and objectives; and
· Technically experienced in environmental issues concerning environmental crime prevention and prosecution, forest conservation and land management, government, CSO, and community participation in environmental governance, and private sector engagement.
· Strong familiarity with the environmental, policy, social, economic, and cultural context in the Amazon region, and specifically with issues related to environmental crimes and conservation in Colombia.
· Experience managing international development assistance projects.
· Strong technical expertise, superb management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English and Spanish are essential for this position.
What we Value:
· Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
· We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
· We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
· Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
· Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com
More Jobs from this Organization