Position Overview: IBI is an international economic development consulting firm based in the United States that specializes in economic growth, public financial management, governance, and human and institutional performance improvement. Established in 1996, IBI has successfully implemented some 40 projects in over 70 countries. To learn more please visit our web site at www.ibi-usa.com. IBI is a woman-owned small business.
IBI is currently looking for qualified Chief of Party (CoP) candidates for upcoming USAID-funded programs in Jordan. The project will be responsible for supporting USAID mission’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities for all of its programs.
Employment Location: Amman, Jordan
Functional Responsibilities: The CoP will provide overall strategic, managerial and technical direction for the project to help ensure its success, identify issues and risks, and suggest program adjustments during implementation in a timely manner.
The Chief of Party will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills. Expected responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Jordan COR and Contracting Officer.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
- Recruit and supervise short-term national and international consultants for evaluations
- An advanced university degree in relevant subject areas
- At least seven years of experience working in project management in developing countries, including at least four years of experience in the Middle East.
- Knowledge of M&E data collection and analysis methodologies and data quality standards.
- Must be fluent in English and must have professionally proficient Arabic language capabilities
- Advanced degree in the natural or social sciences with an emphasis or focus on quantitative and qualitative research.
- Previous work in Jordan or the region
- Background in working with USAID or on USAID projects including having knowledge of USAID M&E practices, and management compliance rules and regulations
- Fluent in both English and Arabic
To Apply: Please go to www.ibi-usa.com/jobs and upload your resume. IBI appreciates all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer
About the OrganizationIBI International is a consulting and training firm dedicated to providing top quality analysis and practical, timely solutions to challenges facing governments and companies.
Founded in 1996 by Dr. Lucie Phillips, IBI is a small woman-owned firm whose diverse and creative core staff is comprised of dedicated development professionals focused on solving problems in developing countries worldwide.
IBI’s core principles focus on:
* Results - lasting improvements for people, firms and governments
* Job creation/maintenance - the engine of rapid, distributed economic growth
* Poverty reduction - diminishing the still growing gap between nations’ and individuals’ prosperity
* Participation and partnership - actively listening to and involving local people
* Protecting biodiversity, while enabling development
* Using regional planning and digital cartography to know where complementary value chains can best develop
* Linking policies and grass-roots impacts
IBI launched the non-profit International Leadership Center (ILC) in March 2007. ILC is dedicated to helping organizations and individuals improve their performance through training programs. Training specialties include leadership and management training, cross-cultural skills, and designing custom programs and services to meet specialized client needs. The ILC represents a partnership between IBI and the Management Training and Development Institute (MTDI), a company with three decades of leadership, management and cross-cultural communication training.
Core staff members speak and write in over a dozen languages, including English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, Kiswahili and Wolof.
IBI's publishing department provides complete editorial and graphics services to meet all clients' communication needs. IBI reports can be professionally issued as books or pamphlets within weeks of completion.
Please review our project experience on our website at www.ibi-usa.com. Or, contact David Colvin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.