Tetra Tech DPK (Tt DPK) seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated U.S. State Department-funded Combatting Trafficking in Persons project in Jamaica. This project will focus on combatting child trafficking. The activity will work to achieve the development and implementation of new policies, procedures, and programs to build more effective and sustainable systems to hold perpetrators of child trafficking criminally accountable, identify child victims and coordinate the provision of comprehensive protection services, and prevent trafficking in children from occurring.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual is required to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- A university degree (bachelors or higher) in any of the following or related fields: law, public administration, management, or related fields.
- At least 7 years professional experience in programs focused on institutional strengthening, community justice development, or access to justice for vulnerable populations at a senior management level, including direct supervision of professional support staff.
- Understanding of a Jamaica’s legal system.
- Demonstrated legal expertise and experience in working on trafficking in persons.
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar-sized donor-supported programs.
- Skills in high level strategic visioning and leadership, preferably with experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
- The COP must have experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal and leadership skills are tremendously important as they ensure that the COP can work as an effective leader of the team, forge successful partnerships with Jamaican government officials, and set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for C-TIP staff. Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact and lead in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to drive the project forward; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others.
- Strong communications kills, including interpersonal and in written and oral English.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com referencing the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the OrganizationTetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.