Chief of Party, USAID Communications and Outreach Project Pakistan
This three-year program calls for extensive media and outreach campaigns to improve Pakistanis’ awareness and understanding of US government civilian assistance activities to Pakistan. All activities under the project continue efforts to positively affect the perceptions of the Pakistani public by informing the citizens of Pakistan about USAID’s achievements and building relationships with communities and stakeholders.
The Chief of Party will lead and manage all four components of the contract including 1) media campaigns 2) communication and outreach event support for USAID/Pakistan 3) production and dissemination of outreach and publicity materials and 4) media monitoring of all USAID/Pakistan activities.
- Supervise execution of all four components of the program
- Lead, manage and mentor Pakistan and US-based project staff including Media, Creative and Media Monitoring Teams
- Work with USAID/Pakistan staff to ensure satisfactory delivery of all deliverables
- Ensure contract compliance including work plans and reporting
- Implement QA/QC throughout project period including effective integration of monitoring and evaluation findings
- Apply USAID marking and branding requirements
- Must have US residency
- A university degree in journalism, communication, marketing, public administration, public relations, advertising, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing a similar program in a developing country context.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing development communication strategies, carrying out effective advertising and outreach campaigns targeting audiences sufficiently similar to those found in Pakistan, implementing public and media relations programs, and implementing community initiatives through various media (e. g., print, broadcast, web/Internet).
- Demonstrated skills and experience working on programs of similar magnitude and complexity.
- Excellent leadership, management, communication and presentation skills.
- Solid organization skills and the ability to manage several detailed, deadline-driven projects at the same time.
- Possess appropriate interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across cultures and technical disciplines.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- A proficiency in reading, writing and editing in Urdu is highly desirable.
- A thorough understanding of Pakistani cultural norms, trends and social environment, as well as the problems facing youth, women, and disadvantaged populations.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and project-coordination ability.
- Experience writing promotional materials and brochures for consumption by the general public.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative skills and ability to “think out of the box.”
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, listing the position as the subject line.
*Please note: position is conditional upon contract award
About the Organization
Sayara International is a communications and development organization committed to building positive change in transitioning societies. For over 15 years we have served clients including the US State Department, USAID, UN Agencies, World Bank and others, developing programs that have assisted communities and institutions develop sustainable, research-based solutions to solve today’s toughest development challenges in Central Asia and the Middle East.
By employing community-based solutions, our programs focus on civil-society and governance; stabilization and transition; countering violent extremism; capacity building; and research and evaluation methods that account for the challenges of populations in crisis.
Our teams of professionals work out of Sayara International offices in Beirut, Kabul, Islamabad and Washington, DC.