Background: Cardno is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity. The broad objective of this activity is to address long-standing challenges related to corruption and poor quality service delivery by the Government of Kosovo by enhancing public financial management (PFM), with a focus on municipal procurement, and by reinforcing accountability mechanisms both within government and outside of government through civil society, the private sector, and media.
Responsibilities: The Chief of Party (COP) will be the primary liaison with USAID/Kosovo on technical and program administration matters. The primary responsibilities of the COP will be to provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. The COP must act as the key liaison between USAID/Kosovo and all other counterparts, implementing partners, local governments, and Government of Kosovo officials involved with the activity. The COP must identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate activity adjustments. The COP is expected to have significant coordination skills, technical knowledge, and experience to ensure coherence and consistency to meet urgent deadlines. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness and performance of the activity.
- A Master’s degree in public administration, finance, international relations, law, or other related field;
- At least 10 years of senior management experience with progressively increasing responsibilities managing development projects;
- Experience managing complex USG contracts and/or agreements;
- Experience working with local and central government officials and building consensus among diverse actors;
- Experience in managing policy reforms, public financial management, and/or public procurement reform;
- Proven history of promoting sustainability in a development context;
- Experience in building effective relationships with stakeholders at various levels of government (national and sub-national), as well as civil society, private sector, and other donors;
- Experience in developing countries, and particularly, experience in the Balkans and familiarity with the local context is preferred;
- Prior USAID Chief of Party experience is strongly desired;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of Albanian or Serbian would be an asset.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.