Chief of Party (COP) –Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity, Central Africa
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID funded Environment Policy and Capacity Support Activity project in Central Africa. The program aims to build capacity at the local, national, and regional level, working with both the government and private sector to identify, prioritize, and pursue policy goals that promote biodiversity conservation and reduce deforestation in Central African countries.
Position Description/Summary: The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the Environmental Policy and Capacity Support Activity project as well as working closely with USAID and Tetra Tech to develop, implement, and revise the project from the beginning to end of the project lifecycle. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and any other partners such as subcontractors.
* Be the primary coordinator between USAID, Tetra Tech, and all international and domestic subcontractors and partners.
* Provide leadership and technical direction for the project and team.
* Lead project coordination and representation with government stakeholders
* Lead project coordination with implementers of USAID and other donor funds across multiple provinces and countries.
* Manage the implementation of the project vision, including responsible budgeting and overall financial management.
* Monitor technical activities and ensure all goals and expected results defined in the contract are being achieved.
* Evaluate project progress and lead submission of on-time deliverables per contract requirements.
* Ensure project compliance with USAID regulations.
* Meet strategic objectives put forth in the contract and project planning phase.
* Advanced degree in Natural Resources, Forestry, or other relevant discipline to the area of the project.
* At least 10 years of professional experience working on, designing, and/or implementing projects in at least one of the following areas: biodiversity conservation, environmental governance or policy, natural resource management, local capacity development, and/or protected areas management.
* At least 5 years managing development projects with large teams, and engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders.
* Experience with USAID or other major donor-funded project required.
* Financial management skills required.
* Fluency in English and French required.
* Excellent report writing skills required.
* Previous Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
* Experience in Central Africa region strongly preferred.
* Experience with enhancing coordination among institutional stakeholders preferred.
* Experience with using data for decision-making preferred.
* Presentation and public speaking skills preferred.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/2jrNPvW
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.