Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall day-to-day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions, including ensuring that appropriate technical and financial reporting requirements are met. Specifically, this includes:
- Providing management, vision, strategic direction and leadership to the program, liaising with the Virginia Tech Center for International Research, Education and Development (CIRED) to ensure the quality and timeliness of activities and reporting;
- Ensuring project operations are compatible with Virginia Tech policies and procedures and in compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Interacting regularly with USAID Egypt, VT/CIRED, Egyptian Government counterparts and project partners;
- Providing leadership for programmatic efforts related to the project objectives, activities and outcomes;
- Managing project staff and supporting their project implementation functions and responsibilities;
- Overseeing the development and review of annual work plans and budgets;
- Overseeing the preparation of reports to meet USAID requirements;
- Managing relationships with project partners, stakeholders and counterparts to ensure the quality and timeliness of project implementation;
- Cultivating relationships with university faculty and management, government personnel and external partners, especially those in the private sector;
- Seeking out and developing opportunities for public private partnerships for research and education in the agriculture and energy sectors; and
- Performing other related duties and functions as assigned.
- Master’s in a discipline relevant to the energy sectors
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing educational development projects, preferably focused on higher education and institutional capacity building
- A minimum of 5 years of international experience leading multi institutional collaborations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and establish innovative partnerships for research and education
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant experience in the management of large and complex donor funded projects, especially USAID projects; previous COP and/or Deputy COP experience desirable
- Experience managing education related projects in Egypt and/or the MENA region
How to Apply
To apply, please specify the title of the position to which you are applying and send a cover letter, current resume, three professional references and salary history by email to: CIRED.Jobs@gmail.com. Applications will be reviewed beginning on 8 July 2018. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply before 7/8/2018, but the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recruitment contingent upon successful award of the project.
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination or accessibility should contact the Virginia Tech Office for Equity and Accessibility.
About the Organization
Virginia Tech is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID funded project to establish a Centers of Excellence in Energy in Egypt. The purpose of the project is to strengthen the capacity of Egyptian public universities to respond to changing public and private sector needs for applied research and skilled graduates in energy.