World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party (COP), Malawi, you will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities.
You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work collaboratively to support the various entities in Malawi. You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant. You will be expected to have strong leadership qualities and management expertise.
- A Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, Agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and work history in developing countries.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies, rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with USAID FFP Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) programs, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting.
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- Fluency in English.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required. Travel to the United States WVUS Washington DC Office to meet with donors and other stakeholders.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 FEB 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.