ECODIT is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for USAID’s anticipated Moldova Energy Efficiency and Renewables Project, a 3-5-year project that will assist Moldova with fulfilling its commitments to the Energy Community Treaty, comply with its renewable energy acquis, and make progress towards integration of the energy sector with the EU countries. The project aims to enhance Moldova’s energy security by assisting with development of the legal and regulatory environment for public and private investment in small scale renewable energy installations and energy efficiency. The COP will bear primary responsibility for all management and technical aspects of project performance. COPs will be the main representative to USAID and implementing partners, ensuring ongoing coordination. The Chief of Party will assume the following key roles and responsibilities:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical, managerial, financial, and administrative leadership for the Project, ensuring that all tasks are implemented, deliverables are submitted, and project goals are met on time, within budget, and in compliance with applicable USG regulations and company policies;
- Liaise with the USAID Task Order Contracting Officer’s Representative (TOCOR) and the USAID Mission and Operating Units to ensure the timely production of high-quality deliverables that respond to the Agency’s priorities and needs;
- Oversee performance of the team, assure quality and timeliness, and manage project resources in a cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Lead work planning and prepare or review for quality and submit all technical and progress reports to the TOCOR. These include weekly/monthly/quarterly progress reports, annual and final reports, annual work plans, M&E plans, gender strategies, other technical reports, action and transition plans and memoranda, and quarterly regional and international travel plans as applicable;
- Oversee the development and implementation of scopes of work for short-term technical assistance personnel;
- Coordinate, maintain regular communication, and develop positive and productive relationships with USAID’s development partners for the Project, including government agencies, regulators, utilities, other USAID project implementers, and other donors; and
- Maintain frequent contact with the ECODIT Home Office.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public policy, economics, engineering, law, administration, international development or other related field. Seven years additional work experience in a related field can be substituted for a master’s degree;
- At least 12 years of progressively responsible international development experience in managing and implementing energy sector programs focused on power sector reforms, electricity markets or energy trade programs, including functional focus on renewable energy resource policy development and implementation, energy efficiency and broad energy management programs in developing countries. Prior experience and work in Eastern Europe and/or Eurasia is a significant advantage as is the knowledge of the European Union Energy Directives and the Energy Community implementation process;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision and performance evaluation of professional and support staff. Prior experience as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Project Director, Team Leader, or a similar position;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines;
- Prior experience with USAID;
- Demonstrated ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior host government counterparts, private sector, and donors on energy sector reforms, trade, and similar issues;
- Demonstrable professional oral presentation and concise writing skills in English; and
- Proficiency in Romanian and/or Russian is an advantage but not required.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Samples of relevant, recent publications may also be submitted. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.
About the Organization
ECODIT LLC is a leading international development firm with 25 years of experience working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. A U.S. small business, the firm currently holds five USAID Global Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs) in natural resources management (REPLACE), water (WADI), energy (Clean Energy IDIQ for Critical Priority Countries (CPCs) and non-CPCs), and urban and local governance (MCW IDIQ). Since 1997, ECODIT has managed multiple complex, multi-year multi-million dollar USAID-funded projects in the clean energy, water, environment and rural tourism sectors, as well as dozens of short-term, rapid-turnaround assignments in nearly 50 developing countries in all regions of the world. More information is available at www.ecodit.com.