Tetra Tech DPK seeks Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Project. This project is expected to support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The COP primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual is required to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Juris Doctor (JD) (or the equivalent, preferred) in law, or master’s degree in public administration, political science, international relations, or a related field is required.
- Knowledge of capacity building and strategy development to governments and/or civil society organizations.
- At least 10 years professional experience successfully managing complex international programs (implementation, logistics, budgeting, staffing), preferably those funded by USAID and conducted in Central Asia, Eastern Europe, or Eurasia.
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs, including experience managing legal reform and rule of law projects in a context similar to Uzbekistan.
- Demonstrated expertise in legal reform and criminal and civil law, preferably in Central Asia.
- Experience in rule of law, judicial development, and/or legislative strengthening.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working, coordinating, and negotiating with centralized government officials and institutions, donors, other USAID projects, U.S. embassies, local organizations, and partners.
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., USG embassy personnel, host-county Ministry officials, business partners, donors, civil society, and others).
- Prior experience in successfully identifying, establishing, and nurturing partnerships with a variety of stakeholders; host government, civil society, international and US donors, preferred.
- Proven leadership in the design, administration, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar-sized donor-supported programs.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in an ambiguous and rapidly developing environment.
- Ability to perform internal control functions, manage day-to-day operations, and provide project deliverables.
- Skills in high-level strategic visioning and leadership, preferably with experience in managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple partner institutions.
- Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in English or Russian, with a minimum of professional proficiency in the other.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job code in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tt DPK is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tt DPK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.