*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party (COP), Upper Nile - South Sudan, you will be responsible for the overall management and representation of the activity. For management, you must have proven leadership skills managing projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries. You must have prior experience effectively managing humanitarian or DRR activities. You should have demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting. You will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities.
You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work collaboratively to support the various entities in Upper Nile South Sudan.
- A master’s degree in development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health, business administration, or related field combined with a minimum of seven years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international relief/recovery/DRR projects is required. Two years of applicable experience can substitute for a master’s degree.
- Proven ability to manage technical teams.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID Office of Food for Peace (FFP) policies, rules and regulations.
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated projects in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Fluency in English, Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 DEC 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.