Chief of Party (CoP) – USAID/Columbia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity
Pillar Systems Corporation seeks to recruit a Chief of Party (CoP) for USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity in Columbia. This activity will provide USAID/Colombia with technical and advisory services related to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) of USAID/Colombia projects and activities. This includes providing monitoring support services; designing and implementing performance and impact evaluations, as well as other studies and assessments; developing collaborating, learning and adapting initiatives; and strengthening the Mission’s Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis capacities. Efforts will enable USAID/Columbia to make informed program management decisions, and shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission.
Roles and Requirements
The COP will be responsible for providing the vision and overall leadership to the team; managing the Contractor’s technical assistance, training, and overall support; overseeing the evaluation and assessment reports and services produced; and coordinating USAID assistance with key counterparts.
The COP will have principal responsibility for overall Activity management and technical operations to ensure that the Activity tasks are completed and the objectives of the Activity are successfully met. The COP will lead the Contractor’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract. The COP will have overall responsibility for ensuring that all work provided under the contract, whether by international or local personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the requirements of the contract; and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all personnel provided. The COP will manage the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans and all reports.
- At least 15 years professional experience, including 10 years experience related to the planning, design, and management of international development assistance programs, preferably USAID;
- Proven leadership as a COP or senior field manager; preferably on large complex project.
- Experience serving as Evaluation Team leader, preferably for USAID evaluation;
- At least five years of experience related to research, evaluation, statistics and/or monitoring projects related to development.
- Understanding of performance monitoring and evaluation specifically performance management plan development, data quality assessments, and participatory data collection methods.
- Knowledge of the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting(CLA) Framework;
- Advanced degree in management, public administration, organizational development, international affairs, economics, social science, or related field;
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team to implement detailed, organized, timely MEL activities;
- Demonstrated experience creating positive professional relationships with senior U.S. and foreign government officials;
- Experience in Columbia or the region highly desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required (Level 4/4) and a good level in Spanish speaking and writing (Level 3/3) preferred.